Crypto and blockchain industries are rapidly developing, offering holders numerous earning options. They range from the simplest coin exchange operations to advanced and complex instruments. Depending on the level of a trader’s experience, one picks a suitable tool for crypto trading. Advanced crypto investors actively use an advanced trading tool, called futures. This instrument is not new to the world – for over 100 years, traders have used this tool to gain a profit for conventional commodities, gold, gas, oil, etc. Let’s see what is futures trading in the crypto realm.
Futures on crypto operate like futures for other assets, the only difference being that they are based around crypto. Entering into a futures contract allows investors to lock in the purchase of an asset at a pre-set price, providing them with security and certainty for future investments.
Bitcoin is the most common asset in futures deals throughout all crypto platforms. Futures on Bitcoin are popular for these reasons:
- With its intrinsic volatility, Bitcoin’s price can often rapidly move both up and down in a matter of hours. This makes it an ideal coin as traders have the potential to make money from these fluctuations.
- BTC is a well-known asset that boasts an impressive capitalization, which ensures optimal liquidity in the world of BTC futures. This makes it simple to swiftly enter and exit positions without any hassle.
- By providing BTC futures, some of the world’s biggest platforms are giving institutional acceptance to crypto and making it more available for large investors. This has increased the status of Bitcoin as an investment asset, thus ensuring its sustainability in the markets.
- Bitcoin is a universal commodity that can be exchanged around the clock, granting traders from all corners of the globe access to its derivative markets.
- Traders can diversify their portfolios and gain exposure to the crypto market – a sector that may not be correlated with other conventional assets.
How Popular Are Crypto Futures All Over the World?
Futures trading has become the latest craze throughout the globe, especially in nations that are fervent about crypto investing. Recently, there’s been a tremendous increase in volumes for crypto futures trading which further proves its growing popularity.
For those looking to get involved in futures, the United States, Japan, and South Korea are among the nations offering some of the best services. In America, for example, institutional investors have flocked to CME Bitcoin Futures Trading Services. Similarly, Japan’s Financial Services Agency (FSA) has given licenses to numerous platforms allowing them to facilitate their own trading solutions too.
Europe has been experiencing a noteworthy surge in trading, with several platforms such as WhiteBIT offering contracts for digital coins. Futures trading has gained an immense amount of traction in the global market. As more nations legalize and support crypto, it’s safe to say that its popularity will increase even further. Therefore, this phenomenon is undoubtedly here to stay for a long time. Try the WhiteBIT cryptocurrency exchange if you want to take advantage of crypto futures.