As we all know, Airtel is one of the largest telecom services worldwide. However, as stated by the Nigerian Government earlier that they would be blocking all lines that do not have a NIN linked, they made do with the promise in April 2022. This caused serious hassle as a good number of citizens had yet to link their NIN to their numbers. However, the good news is that knowing how to link NIN to Airtel, MTN, Glo, or 9mobile numbers is very easy and can be completed in 3 steps. So, without any delay, let us decode these easy and simple steps which will answer your how to link NIN to Airtel.
What is NIN?
For those of you who do not know NIN, the National Identification Number (NIN) is the unique number that identifies you for life and is issued to you by NIMC after your enrolment. It is also used to match you with your biometric data and other details in the National Identity Database during verification and authentication.
You must know that the National Identification Number (NIN) consists of 11 non-intelligible numbers randomly chosen and re-assigned to an individual after enrolment.
Link NIN to Airtel
So if you have registered and obtained your assignable NIN before you have completed the process, then we have got you covered with steps on how to link your NIN to Airtel. Let us get started!
How to Link NIN to Airtel Number?
Under this section, we will decode some of the easy steps for you which will help you to link NIN to Airtel number. So let us head to the steps.
- Firstly, you need to dial *121# on your Airtel line
- Then you need to respond with 1 to select “NIN Capture” and send
- Supply your 11-digit NIN and send
- After completing the process, Airtel will send you a confirmation that it has been connected or an error message prompting you to try again.
- You can also check out a tutorial video on YouTube that will help you guide how to link NIN to Airtel.
- Once you have completed the above steps, you will be easily able to link NIN to your Airtel number. Head to the next section to discover the steps that will help you link NIN to MTN numbers.
How to Link NIN to MTN?
Under this section, we will decode some of the easy steps that will help you link NIN to your MTN number easily and hassle-free. Let us head to the steps:
- Firstly, start by dialing *785# on the MTN phone number you wish to link to your NIN. Supply your NIN, then submit.
- Then you need to dial *785*Your NIN# on the MTN phone number you wish to link and then send. The phone number would be automatically linked to your NIN.
- After that, you need to visit MTN’s official website and supply the requested details, then submit
- You can check out a YouTube tutorial video that will help you to link NIN to Airtel in case you need help following the steps above.
- Once you have completed the steps above, you can link NIN to your MTN number smoothly.
How to Link NIN to Glo sim?
If you are looking to link NIN to Glo, then under this section, we will explore the steps which will help you to discover how to link NIN to Glo. So, without any delay, let us get started.
- Start by dialing *109#. You will be requested to provide your NIN. You can also simply dial *109*NIN#
- Then, visit Glo’s Official website and supply your NIN details, name, and phone number
- After that, text your NIN to 109
- You can also check out any YouTube tutorial video which will help you to link NIN to Glo sim.
- Once you have completed the steps mentioned above, you can easily link NIN to Glo sim.
Steps to Link NIN to 9Mobile Phone Numbers
If you want to link NIN to 9 mobile numbers, then under this section, we will explore the steps that will help you link NIN to 9 mobile phone numbers.
- Firstly, start by dialing *996# on the SIM you want to register and supply your NIN details
- Then you need to visit 9mobile’s official website and submit your NIN directly to get it linked
- You can also check out a tutorial video on YouTube that will help you link NIN to 9 mobile phone numbers easily.
- Once you have completed the steps above, you can link NIN to 9 mobile phone numbers.
The Process to store your NIN securely using YOU ID
If you are a resident of Africa or if you are looking to link NIN to Airtel, then you must know that YOU ID is Africa’s number 1 digital ID wallet that allows you to store important identity documents such as your NIN, BVN, National e-ID, and more to carry along wherever you go. YOU ID saves you the hassle of having to carry important documents around and helps you automatically supply any information needed during online registrations directly off the app. You can check out any tutorial video on YouTube which will help you guide through the steps for storing your NIN securely using the YOU ID.
If you were having trouble linking NIN to Airtel or have a question about how to link NIN to Airtel, I hope the article made it easier for you to link NIN to Airtel. In this article, we have given you a brief idea about Airtel, then you have listed down for you the steps to link NIN to Airtel, MTN number, Glo sim, and 9mobile phone numbers. Finally, we have told you how to store your NIN securely using the YOU ID. That’s all, folks. I hope the article helped you get all the information you needed.