If you are a resident of Nigeria, then you must know that the BVN (Bank Verification Number) has become an essential means of verifying individuals and ensuring the safety of their bank accounts. There have been high incidents of unauthorized access to customers’ accounts due to password and pin security system hacking; there is also increasing demand for more layers of security on access to customers’ personal information in the Banking system. So, if you do not know how to check BVN, this article will help you.
Code for BVN
To solve the problem of identity theft, the Central Bank of Nigeria, in conjunction with all the Banks in Nigeria, set up a centralized biometric identification system labeled Bank Verification Number (BVN). It serves as a unique identification number that enables the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to capture and store an individual’s biometric details along with the financial records in a secure database. But verifying your BVN number can be a little tricky, especially when you are not familiar with the process. So, let us decode the process which will help you in guiding how to check my BVN.
How to Check BVN?
If you are looking for a straightforward way to check BVN, you must know that Guarantee Trust Bank (GTBank) offers a simple and straightforward method for customers to check their BVNs. Verifying your BVN number with GTBank is the first step for ensuring that you have your BVN number ready and that all of the information associated with it is accurate. This information has:
- Mobile Phone number
- Other relevant details
- Your full name
- Date of birth
After you have confirmed that all the information you have provided is correct, you can proceed to dial the code to check your BVNs for GTBank in Nigeria.
Steps to Check your BVN on GTB via GTBank’s USSD Code
In this section, we will tell you about the steps that will help you to get the code for checking BVN. So, without any more delay, let us dive right into the steps:
- If you wish to enjoy the *737# service, you must have opened an account with Guaranty Trust Bank (GTBank). The code *737# should be dialed from the mobile phone number linked to your GTBank account.
- Once you have completed your registration and activated the GTBank USSD code (*737#), dial *737*6*1# on the mobile phone number you linked to your GTBank account.
- After that, enter the four-digit number USSD PIN you created at the time of GTBank USSD *737# code registration.
- A few seconds later, after you have sent the BVN USSD code, your BVN will be displayed on the screen of your phone. Hence, it is important to note that the service is not only available to the customers who have registered their mobile phone numbers with GTBank and have linked them to their accounts.
So, once you have followed the steps mentioned above, you will be easily able to check your BVN on GTB via GT Bank’s USSD code.
USSD Code to Check BVN
Under this section, we will cover the guided steps which will help you to check your BVN on GTB via the general USSD code. So, let us get started!
- If you want to check your BVN on GTB, you can use the general code and simply dial *565*0#.
- After that, The BVN will be sent to your phone. A Twenty Naira (N20) service charge will be deducted from your mobile phone account balance.
- In case you do not know what a General USSD code is, let me tell you that a general USSD code is the universal code for checking BVN on MTN, Airtel, 9mobile, and Glo, including all banks in Nigeria. Likewise, with using GTBank code (*737#), the mobile number you will use must be linked to your BVN. Also, this code only works on numbers linked to your BVN.
In this way, you will be able to check the BVN through the general USSD code.
Process for GTBank Bank Verification Number (BVN) Enrolment
If you are looking to enroll for your BVN through the GTBank. Then, you need to follow these steps:
- Firstly, you need to fill out an Enrollment Form at any GTBank branch, or you can download the Enrollment Form online.
- Then go to any of GTBank’s designated branches of Biometrics.
- After that, you will receive a Ticket ID
- Then the BVN will be sent to you via SMS
- After you have completed these steps, you will be completing the GT Bank verification number enrollment process
The Process to Link Your BVN Details From Another Nigeria Bank to Your GTBank Account
Under this section, you will explore some of the processes that will help you to link your BVN details from another Nigerian bank to your GT Bank account. Follow the following steps:
- You can use the 737 BVN linker. For that, you need to simply dial the code: *737*20*BVN# on your phone.
- You can also use email. For that, you need to email your account Officer to request BVN linking. You can copy the email of your account Officer from your dashboard on GTBank Internet Banking.
- You can also visit any of the nearest GTBank branches, where the customer support agents will operate for you.
Benefits of Having a Verified BVN
Here are some of the benefits of having a verified BVN:
- Having a BVN allows you to open a bank account with GTBank and other Banks effortlessly. This is because all the accounts are linked to your BVN, and your details can easily be shared across banks when opening new accounts.
- Also, having a verified BVN gives you access to exclusive offers and discount opportunities from the banks.
- As a verified BVN holder, you can also take advantage of various incentives such as loan facilities, investment opportunities, and more, all aimed at making your banking experience pleasant and worthwhile.
- BVN also helps in adding layers of security to all your financial transactions and protects your Bank Account from unauthorized access it also reduces fraud
- BVN gives a unique identity to every account owner. It is not limited to a Bank. It linked all the owner’s bank accounts together.
- These are some of the benefits of a verified BVN account.
You can easily check your BVN in a seamless manner. In this article, we have given you a brief idea about BVN and have listed some ways you can check your BVN, and finally have listed some of the benefits of a BVN account. That’s all, folks. I hope the article helped you in getting all the information you needed.