Routine maintenance of laboratory equipment will ensure that the experiments are executed without malfunctions and efficiently. Rubicon Science will bypass unneeded repair expenses, a clean laboratory without any dirt and dust is the basis for appropriate equipment, and you need to ensure you know how to properly taking good care of lab instruments. One of the most affordable, easiest, and ideal ways to maintain your lab in excellent condition. Researchers and scientists use a broad range of laboratory equipment and instrumentation in various industries and scientific fields. This equipment is vital for handling experiments and research and is applied to analyze, measure, and manipulate different samples. Thus, appropriate management and maintenance of your investment must be the top priority.
Lab equipment like all machinery needs regular maintenance to ensure it works safely and properly. Having a properly working instrument and lab equipment, accurate results and reliable data can be produced. Practicing suitable equipment maintenance scheduling, approaches, and record-keeping is necessary to secure your research and equipment investments.
Check these care tips for lab equipment
- Regular cleaning of lab equipment ensures that it is set to use when needed, that stubborn substances and stains do not get a firm hold, and that experiments are not infected by impurities carried over from earlier experiments. Cleaning aids applied are distinct for laboratory equipment care, you must adhere to instructions from the manufacturer on the cleaning policy.
- Calibration includes contrasting the measurements of equipment against the standard unit of measure. It makes vital adjustments to verify its accuracy. Regular calibration of laboratory equipment must be done because it develops in about the standard unit of measure.
- Equipment that cannot be refurbished or restored must be replaced, it is recommended to buy equipment from popular sources that can provide technical support and guarantee quality. High-quality lab equipment is simpler due to its durability and maintenance translates to lessened costs in the long run.
Schedules of maintenance
- Documents that highlight the recommended maintenance schedule for the equipment. They can consist of the expected duration of every task, the frequency of each task, and certain materials and the needed tools. Records for maintaining track of the maintenance that has been executed on equipment. They include the time, date, and the task completed, and the technician who executed the task.
Check it frequently
- It’s critical to check the lab instruments physically throughout the year and to execute performance tests if applicable. This is vital for equipment that isn’t used frequently, as you’ll settle possible issues before the instrument is needed for testing down the road. Maintenance contracts for equipment are crucial while it is quite costly, still it is a great and wise investment.
Equipment maintenance schedules overview how and when equipment must be maintained, inspected, and restored, these schedules can differ based on the type of equipment. An ideal way to check calibration and routine maintenance is to create labels that are affixed to record maintenance and equipment information. These labels will also shield hand-written details from any accidental spills.