HEIC is among the best file formats to store high-quality images. However, it has some setbacks that may force you to convert the image to JPG or other formats for editing, storage, or sharing.
While the conversion may be another challenge, it is straightforward if you know what to do and what to use.
The following are amazing methods to convert HEIC to JPG.
Converting HEIC to JPG Using a Free Online Tool
There are various tools you can use to convert HEIC files to JPG; a good example is Convertkaly.
It allows a fast and smooth conversion, and it is easy to use. In addition, you do not require prior expertise to use most of these tools.
- Open the Convertkaly URL.
- Choose the HEIC file you want to convert to JPG format.
- At the bottom-right corner, click “Convert” to start your HEIC to JPG conversion process.
One of the best things about free conversion tools is that many of them can use multiple files simultaneously.
Converting HEIC to JPG on Windows Using Microsoft Photos
Learning how to convert images to JPG is the first step to converting specific image files like HEIC. Besides the free tools, you can also convert HEIC images to JPG directly from Microsoft Photos.
However, you must first install HEIF and extensions on your computer.
Here is a step-by-step guide on converting HEIC to JPG on Windows 10 and 11.
- Identify the HEIC file on your computer. Right-click it and select “Open With,” then select “Photos.”
- Once you open the HEIC file on the photos app, go to “File” and select “Save As.”
- On the pop-up window that appears on your screen, scroll to “Save As type,” then click the drop-down menu. Select “.jpg” as your preferred image format.
- Complete your conversion by clicking “Save.”
The best thing about this conversion method is that it is easy to operate and does not compromise the image quality.
On the downside, it does not work with Windows versions older than 10. In addition, you can only convert one image at a time. Moreover, some of the extensions it uses are not free.
Converting HEIC to JPG Without a Software
The following are ideal ways to convert your HEIC image to JPG if you do not want to download software and tools.
The first method is the online HEIC to JPG conversion. Here are the simple guidelines for the HEIC to use the JPG online tool.
- Open the HEIC to the JPG website and click the relevant conversion icon.
- Add the images you want to change or drag and drop them.
- Once you upload the images you want, the online converter will change your files within minutes.
- Next, click “Download Now” to save your JPG files to your device.
This conversion method is popular among many users because it is easy to operate and does not require you to install software.
On the other hand, it requires a stable internet connection to convert your HEIC to JPG files smoothly. Moreover, you cannot be too sure of the quality retention.
Converting HEIC to JPG Files on iPhone
If you have the HEIC images you want to convert to your iPhone, you can change them automatically from the settings.
- Open your iPhone’s Settings. Locate the “Photos” app and tap it.
- Move down to “Transfer to Mac or PC.”
- Transferring the images from your iPhone to your PC automatically converts them to JPG.
One of the main reasons for using this method is that it makes it easy to transfer HEIC files from iPhone to other devices in JPG format. Additionally, it does not require the installation of software.
Nonetheless, you cannot use the images on Windows without transferring them from the iPhone.
While converting HEIC image files to JPG seems easy, it is best to ensure you retain the quality. Therefore, it would help to choose the conversion method carefully depending on what you need in the final file.