Hello, my wonderful soldiers! Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) has been out for quite some time, but for some, the game MW2 keeps crashing on PC. If this happens, don’t worry; there are things you can do about it, which is where we come in. We’ve got a couple of potential fixes for those experiencing MW2 crashes on Steam and Battle.net.
In this blog, we will talk about Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, how to fix its startup issue, and how to get back into the battlefield!
What is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2?
First-person shooter video game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II was made in 2022 and released by Activision. Infinity Ward created it. It is a follow-up to the 2019 reboot and the nineteenth game in the entire Call of Duty series. On October 28, 2022, it was released for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
The game is set in a contemporary, realistic world like its predecessor. The campaign centers on the pursuit of terrorist and Iranian Quds Force Major Hassan Zyani, who has ballistic missiles made in the United States, by Mexican Special Forces unit Los Vaqueros and multi-national special operations unit Task Force 141. Modern Warfare II, which uses an updated version of the IW engine, supports cross-platform multiplayer and adds Warzone 2.0, a free-to-play battle royale mode that replaces the original Warzone.
The majority of critics gave Modern Warfare II positive reviews. It was a financial success and set several records for the franchise, including the quickest Call of Duty game to reach $1 billion in sales.
Why does MW2 keeps crashing?
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 crashes on your computer for no apparent reason. The most frequent ones involve faulty game files, out-of-date graphics drivers, a lack of hardware resources, and other known Windows bugs.
To fix the issues, the solutions are:
Check the system requirement
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is not exempt from the standard PC game requirements that apply to most games. Verify that your PC meets the minimum requirements by reviewing the system requirements listed below.
Minimum system requirements
|Windows® 10 64 Bit (latest update)
|Intel® Core™ i3-6100 / Core™ i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen™ 3 120
|8 GB RAM
|NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960 or AMD Radeon™ RX 470 – DirectX 12.0 compatible system
|Broadband Internet connection
|125 GB available space
Maximum system requirements
|Windows® 10 64 Bit (latest update) or Windows® 11 64 Bit (latest update)
|Intel® Core™ i5-6600K / Core™ i7-4770 or AMD Ryzen™ 5 1400
|12 GB RAM
|NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon™ RX 580 – DirectX 12.0 compatible system
|Broadband Internet connection
|125 GB available space
How to check specifications for MW2 crashing?
A step-by-step guide to check your system specifications to avoid MW2 crashing are:
- To open the Run dialog, press the Windows logo key and R on your keyboard.
- Enter DxDiag and press the OK button.
- You can now access your system information via the System tab.
- To view the graphic details, go to the Display tab.
If your hardware does not meet the minimum requirements, you may need to update it to play the game smoothly.
Verify the integrity of Files
Modern Warfare 2 will crash if your game files are missing, corrupted, or damaged. You can figure it out by checking the file’s integrity and repairing it. Many players have found this method effective, and we hope it works for you as well.
This is how you do it:
- Launch Steam and navigate to the Library tab. Then, right-click Modern Warfare 2 and choose Properties.
- Choose Verify integrity of game files by clicking the LOCAL FILES tab on the left.
- Open the Battle.net client on your PC, then choose Modern Warfare 2.
- Select Scan and Repair by clicking the gear icon to the right of the Play button.
- Click “Begin Scan.”
Wait until the program has finished scanning. If it detects any damaged files, it will begin the repair process.
Update graphics driver
The Modern Warfare 2 crashing issue can occur if you use an outdated or incorrect graphics driver. As a result, you should update your graphics driver to see if that resolves your issue. You can get the most recent drivers from the websites of graphics card manufacturers (such as Nvidia or AMD).
How to update the graphics driver?
- Enter Device Manager into the Windows search bar.
- Select Device Manager from the search results.
- Double-click the Display Adapters section to open it.
- The section will be expanded, and the name of your graphics card will be displayed.
- Select Update driver from the context menu of your graphics card.
- A new window will open with the Update Driver Wizard.
- Select the option to search for drivers automatically.
- Windows will search the database for driver updates.
- Comply with any additional driver installation instructions.
- Windows may be unable to locate driver updates.
- Start your computer again.
Some overlay apps have been reported to cause issues such as game crashes because they consume many system resources. As a result, we recommend that you disable these apps to see if everything improves.
For instance, follow the instructions below to disable the Discord overlay.
- Open Discord and select the bottom-right gear icon.
- Turn off Enable in-game overlay after choosing Game Overlay from the left menu.
Disable any additional overlay apps you may have by following the instructions. Then, try relaunching your game to see if the crashing issue still exists.
Repair system files
Problematic system files, such as missing DLLs, can also impair the system’s and the game’s ability to launch and run without hiccups.
Advanced technology software is available for enhancing PC security and maintenance. They replace damaged Windows files in particular, eliminate malware threats and unsafe websites, and free up disk space and other things. A complete database of verified system files is the source for all replacement files.
How to repair system files with software?
- Download and set up the application.
- Launch the program and perform a free scan.
- Check the report generated afterward, which lists all issues found. To fix them, click Start Repair
- Restart your computer and Modern Warfare 2 after the repairs to check if the issue has been resolved.
These were the fixes for the MW2 that keeps crashing on PC problems common causes. We wish you luck in resolving the issues with your PC. Hopefully, with this information given in the blog, you will be able to deal with your MW2 keeps crashing issue!
Read more by clicking here.