A great content calendar takes you far in life. After all, your strategy is useless without execution. A content calendar enforces your strategy and ensures that you actually carry it out, serving as a solid foundation to underlie your success. Luckily, we’ve rounded up the 8 best tools to build a content calendar for social media.
Managing your content calendar is essential for organizing your post schedule. Whether you’re a solo operator or part of a larger team, you need a content calendar to stay aligned with your strategy. Read on to learn about our favorite content calendar tools!
1. Synup Social
Synup Social is the best tool for building a content calendar that works for you. With data-driven insights and a smooth interface, it’s easy to optimize and plan posts. The multi-platform scheduling capabilities are a game-changer for holistic social media management.
Here’s why you’ll love it:
- Multi-platform scheduling is simple. Post to Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Google – all with one click
- Collaborate with teammates and clients using a powerful approval workflow. Give feedback, approve posts, or revise your colleagues’ drafts with ease
- Multi-brand and multi-location support makes the platform perfect for enterprises and agencies
- Post-by-post analytics show you what’s working so you can perfect your strategy
- An AI-powered post generator makes it easy to execute your social media plan quickly and efficiently.
Synup Social hit the ground running with its best-in-class AI-powered post creator. While AI-generated posts are a dime a dozen, the seamless integration with the rest of the platform and the intuitive post creation workflows make Synup an obvious choice!
2. Sprout Social
Sprout Social helps brands build impactful content calendars. From smart integrations to a smooth interface, the platform has all the bells and whistles to make your content shine. It’s easy to comprehensively manage and schedule posts to Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, and more!
Here’s why you should add it to your tech stack:
- Build your social media content calendar quickly with intuitive publishing and scheduling tools
- Calculate your ROI with advanced analytics capabilities
- Social listening and follower engagement empower you to track who’s saying what in real-time
- Post to X (formerly Twitter), Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Reddit, Youtube, Tumblr, and more!
Sprout is one of the leading social media managers. While it lacks comprehensive agency support, it’s beloved by enterprises for its instant feedback and compatibility with large teams.
Buffer is the perfect starter tool. Small teams or individuals looking to build a social media content calendar will love Buffer for its low cost and no-frills platform. While the platform doesn’t have the focused campaigning or in-depth analytical capabilities of some other software, it’s still a solid social media management tool that will save you time on scheduling, publishing, and more!
Buffer sets you up from square one. Here’s why it’s great:
- Stick to your social media calendar with intuitive scheduling and post-creation capabilities
- Batch-schedule posts to save time! Set it and forget it, so you don’t need to manually monitor your posts
- Collaboration abilities make it easy to coordinate with your team – no spreadsheets required
- Post to Instagram, Facebook, X (formerly Twitter), TikTok, LinkedIn, Youtube, and Mastodon – all with one click
While Buffer is super budget-friendly and intuitive, it lacks some of the comprehensive features of other tools. Best for small teams or large teams with basic needs, it works perfectly in your tech stack.
Best known for its local product, Reputation is taking an all-in-one approach to online presence management. But does Reputation’s social product live up to its reputation? Evaluate that for yourself! With a build-your-own platform pricing plan and a slew of useful features for everyone from SMBs to agencies, there’s something for everyone.
Here’s what people love about the platform:
- Customizable pricing lets you design a social package to fit your exact needs
- Build a content calendar that posts across platforms with ease
- Manage your social reputation with comprehensive sentiment analysis – so you can see what your customers are saying about you across the web
- Target your specific audience – so you get the right eyes on your content
- Agencies will love Reputation’s white labeling capabilities
- Collaborative workflows help you get your synergy on!
Although Reputation doesn’t help with content creation and optimization to further your reach, it’s still a solid platform. Between its social listening capabilities and premier multi-platform scheduler, Reputation’s social suite empowers customers to listen, publish, respond, analyze, and collaborate with ease.
Loomly is ideal for teams looking to build their brand and reach new audiences online. Its smart integrations and collaborative workflows help you save time and enhance productivity, while its premier post ideas and content library make it easy to fill up your content calendar.
Here’s why you’ll love it:
- Loomly is a cost-effective solution for teams of all sizes. With a range of pricing plans, you’re sure to find one that works for your team
- Post creation is smooth and intuitive. With a seamless approval workflow and automated publishing, you can sit back and relax while your content calendar manages itself
- Get prime optimization tips to help you build your best-performing posts ever
- Advanced analytics and reporting features empower you to measure and build your success
- Interact with your audience directly from the platform. Follower engagement has never been so easy!
- Post to Facebook, X (formerly Twitter), Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Snapchat, TikTok, Youtube, Google, and more
With a content library and inventive post ideas, Loomly’s suite of social media platform integrations is unlike any other. It’s easy for brands to manage their content calendars without the headache of multi-platform management.
An industry leader for social media management, Hootsuite remains one of the most popular platforms. Users adore its intuitive platform, smart content curation capabilities, and comprehensive analytics dashboard.
Here’s why it might love it, too:
- Hootsuite is great for larger brands ready to take charge of their social media presence at scale
- With post suggestions and an AI-powered caption generator, you can complete your content calendar in half the time
- Plan your content with ease and ensure that your post strategy gets executed
- Social listening helps you track brand mentions and stay on top of trends
Hootsuite is the OG social media manager. With its consistent innovation, it’s stayed at the forefront of content management. While it’s not the best choice for agencies, it’s a great tool for small businesses and enterprises.
Agorapulse is the perfect tool for building a data-driven content calendar. Its precision enables flawless strategy execution, perfect for planning, visualizing, and conquering your goals. From publishing to monitoring and more, you’ll have a permanent pulse on your social presence.
Here’s why you’ll love it:
- Collaboration abilities empower you to build posts that reflect your unique brand image
- Agorapulse’s reporting is top-notch. With advanced analytics to obsessively track your strategy, you can constantly improve your performance
- From boosted engagement to conversions, you’ll be crushing your goals in no time!
- Monitoring capabilities help you discover trends and insights about your brand
- Post to Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, X (formerly Twitter), LinkedIn, and more!
Data-driven posts get more results. With customized reporting and top-tier analytics, Agorapulse is perfect for crafting a strategy that counts. Detailed reports show you your performance in-depth, so you can smash your goals with ease.
CoSchedule is the master of content and scheduling. Although it lacks some of the bells and whistles of other tools, it gets the job done when it comes to building a content calendar. Scheduling and automation is at the heart of a successful strategy, after all!
Here’s how it can help you execute your strategy with ease:
- CoSchedule is a perfect option for teams on a budget
- The workflows make collaboration second-nature for small-but-mighty teams
- With an emphasis on content, scheduling, and automation, CoSchedule is the perfect content calendar planning platform
- The platform automatically fills your queue with more of your best-performing posts
- Post to Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, and more. The platform even integrates with WordPress and Hubspot!
Great for small teams, CoSchedule makes campaign-building simple. With a smart queue and campaign templates, it’s easy to schedule and execute your posts.
Building a content calendar for social media requires the right tool
With the right tool, you can build a content calendar for social media with ease. Between scheduling posts, creating content, researching trends, and getting approval from your boss (or client), social media content management is no easy job. A great platform will save you time and prevent a few headaches, too. Taking the time to find a solid workflow for content calendar creation will serve you for years to come!