Have you ever locked yourself out of your phone? If so, you must know that once you lock yourself out, it can be a pricey affair to get it unlocked by a technician(unlock network code for at&t). However, there are several ways that you can apply to unlock your phone. They are affordable, easy as well as safe. Let us dig deep into this topic.
AT&T- An Overview:
For those of you who do not know, AT&T is the largest cellular mobile provider, and the people who use this are benefitted from a lot of privileges that come with the service. However, there are many instances when you need to use a different provider, and in this scenario, if you are thinking to unlock your phone for free, then keep reading.
Reasons an AT&T network unlock code free Phone?
It is needless to say that being tied to a service provider is an excellent way to stay updated. But there are some drawbacks to this as well. You will not be able to change providers, such as getting relocated or just because you got tired of your provider.
However, the benefits to unlock network code for AT&T are many. You will find so many benefits that you need not ask whether you’d settle for your current service provider or you can enjoy others’ services by having your phone opened.
So, the bottom line is that unlocking your phone is essential. Here are some reasons why an open-lied phone is better than a tied one!
It has its downside if you are tied to a single service provider. For instance, you will be subjected to charges imposed by your provider. So, in case there is an increase in plan payments, you will have no choice but to accept it. If you have unlocked your phone, you can change the providers whenever you want. You must also look out for providers who offer cheaper plans.
Convenient for Travelers:
If you are a traveler and have a tied phone, it can come with many limitations. You will not be able to go around the world-changing phones all the time just because your cellular provider doesn’t work in other areas. Apart from being time-consuming, it is a lot more expensive when it comes to changing service providers. While enjoying your time while traveling, if you have to change your service provider constantly, it will be a real spoiler in your time of enjoying your freedom and convenience.
Well, a lot of people tend to think that when their phone is unlocked, it becomes less secure or is more prone to malware, viruses, hacking, and so on. However, the truth is it does not harm the phone’s security. Well, the only thing that it gives is benefits.
Since now you have gotten a brief idea of why an open-lined phone is better than a tied one, it is time to know how to unlock an AT&T phone yourself.
How to Unlock an AT&T Phone Yourself for Free:
Well, you will be able to unlock network code for AT&T for free by simply sending an unlock request to AT&T, and that too free of cost.
But there are a few essential requisites that you must fulfill before you head to unlock network code for AT&T. You must keep in mind that AT&T does not allow anyone to unlock your phone just randomly without fulfilling these requisites. So, make sure to fulfill them, and exceptions are only for military personnel.
The requirements that you need to fulfill to unlock network code for AT&T are:
- Your service must be active for at least 60 days without having any past dues or unpaid balance
- If you have upgraded early, you will need 14 days to unlock your old service. Businesses customers need to wait for 30 days
- Your device must not be active on another AT&T account
- Your device must not be reported lost or stolen or involved with fraud
- Complete your contract or installment plan
- You can check out the requirements for military personnel by heading to the AT&T official site.
Note: You must make sure that the device you want to unlock must not be blacklisted, which includes being reported as lost, stolen, or involved with fraud. This criterion is AT&T’s way of making sure that you really own that device and are not taken from someone else or that it wasn’t stolen from you or lost.
The only way to check if your phone is blacklisted is via a trustworthy IMEI Checker – WipeLock IMEI checker. You need to submit your phone’s IMEI number, which can be found by dialing *#06#. Then the WipeLock will check your IMEI number manually and generate an IMEI report with the blacklist status included as follows.
How to Unlock AT&T Phone without Paying it Off:
Well, folks, as we have listed to you the requirements that you need to fulfill before you head out to unlock network code for AT&T., It is now time to learn the steps to unlock your phone for free. Let us get started.
- Firstly, you need to head to the AT&T Online Unlocking Portal. There you will see an option to ‘Unlock Your Device. ‘ Click on it.
- Then, you will be asked whether you own an AT&T mobile number. Then you need to choose YES
- Then you need to enter your ten-digit mobile number. Make sure that it’s the correct mobile number. Double-check if you have to.
- The website will verify whether you are a robot or not.
- Fill in all the required information and wait for the verification email to be sent to your email address. AT&T will let you know the unlock request status within 2 business days, depending on whether the request is approved or denied.
Once you are eligible to unlock your device, your unlock request will be approved by AT&T. You will get AT&T 16-digit network unlock code for free. You will also receive the instructions to unlock via email.
If your request is rejected, AT&T will be letting you know the reason why your phone is rejected to unlock.
You can deal with the issue accordingly; for example, if it’s not been paid off, you need to fully pay for your phone to get it unlocked.
However, there are some other ways you can not deal with it yourself, don’t worry; here are several alternative ways that will work for you.
How to Unlock Network Code for AT&T Under Contract:
In case you are unable to meet all the requirements or your request has been denied, then you need to find some ways which will be beneficial to you.
Some of these ways are:
Using an AT&T Unlock Service:
If you have tried the above-mentioned process to unlock your phone and it does not work out, then you can try to use DirectUnlocks AT&T unlock service. It helps you to:
- Unlock AT&T phone without phone number
- Unlock AT&T phone without paying it off
- Unlock old & new AT&T phones without SIM card
- Unlock the AT&T phone that is under contract
- Unlock AT&T phone fast (Android: within 6 hours, iPhone: within 24 hours)
If you are someone who is using AT&T software, then it is not recommended. Using an AT&T is another way of unlocking your phone by yourself, but it will be jailbreaking, and it can be considered illegal.
Folks, you must know that if you are using the software, there are some cons to it, such as :
- It only works for iPhones running on iOS 14.7 or below
- It will jailbreak your iPhone, which means the warranty will be invalid
- Find My iPhone must be turned off before unlocking
- It only works for iPhone 5s – iPhone X
If all the methods fail to get your phone unlocked, then you can use the UB Sim. For those of you who do not know, UB sim is a new hardware unlocking solution for network-locked phones. You must know that the sim is not for free, but if you wish to try out the AT&T process to unlock your phone, then you can try this process out. Check out the steps:
- If you have a UB sim, open your phone’s sim tray and insert the UB sim along with your sim card.
- Then you need to wait for a few seconds, and the UB sim menu should appear. Choose ICCID Mode and enter the latest ICCID code.
- Then, you should be able to see a ‘Setup Completed’ message on the screen. Click on ACCEPT, then CONTINUE
You can easily unlock network code for AT&T by following the methods that we have listed for you here in this article. We have briefly given you an idea about AT&T, along with the uses of an open-lined phone over a tied one. We also listed the methods you can try to unlock your phone. That’s all, folks; I hope the article helped you get all the information you needed.