The full form of TNPDS is Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System. It is a portal that the Tamil Nadu Government gives, and it will help you to apply for a smart ration card online. Tamil Nadu government also simplified the TNPDS ration card application procedure and enabled online submission of applications for TNPDS ration cards. Want to know more about the tnpds.gov.in login? Then, keep reading the article to know more.
Well, the TNPDS is a portal created by the Tamil Nadu Government, and it helps in applying for the smart ration card. It is designed as part of the digitization process which is currently going on in the country. With the help of the TNPDS Smart ration card, The government of Tamil Nadu has also made applications and other ration card-related services accessible online. The TNPDS smart card will be available in digital form. So, if you want to log in to do tnpds login, we will briefly discuss the process in the next section of the article. So, keep reading!
How to do tnpds.gov.in Login?
Read this section of the article carefully as we will briefly discuss the steps to do tnepds.gov.in login, So; keep reading this section. Before we move to the steps, let me tell you that the Tamil Nadu Government has made it easier for citizens to apply for the smart ration card. The Citizens of Tamil Nadu can apply for the Ration Card online through the TNPDS portal without visiting government offices. The steps to log in to the www tnpds gov in are:
- Firstly, you need to visit the official web portal of TNPDS, which is www.tnpds.gov.in
- After you have logged in to the homescreen, you will then be needed to go to the “Smart Card Application Services” and click “Apply for New Smart Card.”
- Then on the next page, you will be needed to fill out the application form by giving the important details, which are the Name of the Family Head, Address Details, Details of Family members, Details of Gas Connection, choose the Card Option, proof of residence, and upload the Family head photo, proof of residence document.
- After you have completed filling out all these details, you will then be needed to click on the “Submit” button.
Once you have submitted the application form, you will get a “Reference Number” to your registered mobile number. You must keep the reference number safe for future correspondence.
Now you have a brief idea about the tnpds ration card and the process of doing a TNPDS login. It is now time to look at the steps to check the smart card status on the TNPDS portal.
How to Check tnpds.gov.in login Smart Card Status?
If you have applied for a smart ration card in the TNPDS portal, then you need to read this section of the article carefully, as we will be discussing the steps by which you can easily check the smart ration card status on the TNPDS portal. Before we discuss the steps, you need to know that once you have applied for the Smart ration card, it will take a few days to approve your application. In the meantime, you can also check the status of your application by visiting the www.tnpds.gov.in status portal. The following are the steps:
- Firstly, you need to visit the official website of the TNPDS
- Then, you will be needed to click on the “Smart Card Application Status” option under the “Smart Card Application Services” section.
- Then on the next page, you will be needed to enter the “Reference Number” sent to your registered mobile number during registration.
- After you have entered your reference number, you will then be needed to click on the “Submit” button.
- Once you have submitted it, you will then be able to see the application status on your screen.
After you have your smart ration card, you will need to download it. So, in the next section of the article, we have discussed the process by which you can download the smart ration card.
How to Download a Smart Ration Card?
Once the application for your smart ration card is approved, you can easily download the TNPDS Smart Ration Card through the TNPDS portal. Follow these steps below to download your smart ration card from the tnpds.gov.in login portal.
- Firstly, you need to visit the official website of the TNPDS
- After you have completed logging in to the main screen, you will then be needed to click on “Citizen Login,” available on the home page’s left side.
- Then, on the next page, you will be needed to enter your “Mobile Number” that was registered with your ration card along with the “Captcha code” displayed on the screen and then click on the “Submit” button.
- After that, you will receive an OTP on your mobile number and Must enter the OTP.
- Then, an option named “Smart Card Print” is pressed on it.
- Then, finally, the smart card will be saved on your system in PDF format, and you can take a printout of your smart card.
In this way, you can download your TNPDS ration card. If you are not so tech-savvy and prefer doing work offline, then in the next section of this article, we will discuss the process by which you can download the TNPDS ration card offline. So, keep reading!
How to Download TNPDS Ration Card Offline?
This section of the article is specifically for those who cannot apply through an online portal; then, they will go to an offline method. The following are the steps to apply for a TNPDS smart card offline.
- Firstly the applicant should visit the respective ration shop.
- Then you will be needed to take the application from the ration shop.
- You must be able to complete the application form and attach the required documents.
- Once you have completed the application form, submit the form to the concerned department.
- A reference number will then be generated. You must keep the reference number safe, which will be helpful for future reference.
Once you have followed these steps, you will then be able to get your TNPDS smart ration card offline. In the next section of the article, we will list the documents which you require for the TNPDS Smart ration card. So read the next section of the article carefully.
These are the documents you will need to apply for the TNPDS smart ration card, and you must have these while you apply for it. The documents that are required for the TNPDS ration card are:
- Caste / Category certificate
- Income certificate
- Telephone / Electricity bill
- Gas connection details
- Aadhaar Card
- Pan Card
- Recent Passport Size Photograph
- Bank Passbook
These are the documents you will need when applying for the TNPDS ration card.
Eligibility for the TNPDS Smart Ration card:
The following are the eligibility criteria you must be able to fulfill for the TNPDS ration card.
- The family members must not be lawyers, doctors, chartered accountants, or architects.
- Farmers with fewer than 4 acres of land can have TNPDS White Smart Card.
- The Applicant or any family members applying should not own a four-wheeler vehicle or pay professional, GST, or any other income tax.
- The citizen who wants to apply for a TNPDS smart card must be a permanent resident of Tamil Nadu.
- Applicants should have no other ration cards in Tamil Nadu and from other states of India.
- Applicants applying for TNPDS smart cars must fall under the government of Tamil Nadu income criteria.
These are the eligibility criteria that you must be able to fulfill when you apply for the TNPDS ration card
What are the Types of TNPDS Ration Cards?
The Tamil Nadu government provides different kinds of ration cards. They are:
- Khaki Cards: Police personnel up to the rank of Inspectors issue khaki cards.
- No Commodity Cards: The government only issues commodity cards to people not entitled to draw any commodity from ration shops.
- White Cards: The authorities issue white cards for an extra 3 kg of sugar over the prescribed quota.
- Light Green Cards: The fair price shop issues light green cards for rice and other commodities.
These are the types of TNPDS ration cards provided by the Tamil Nadu Government.
You can easily avail of your TNPDS smart ration card by doing a tnpds.gov.in login, for which the steps have been discussed above. In this article, we briefly discussed the TNPDS smart ration card and the process by which one can apply it, get it in both offline and online mode, and also the types of TNPDS ration cards. That’s all,l folks, I hope the article helped you in getting all the information you needed.