The full form of ESIC is Employee’s State Insurance Corporation, and it is a social security organization established by the Government of India in the year 1952. The scheme was inaugurated in Kanpur on 24th February 1952 by then Prime Minister Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru. The primary objective of ESIC is to provide social security benefits to Indian employees, and this includes medical care, sickness benefits, disability benefits, maternity benefits, and other such benefits. Let us discover more about the ESIC employer login portal.
What is the purpose of ESIC Portal Login?
The primary focus of the ESIC scheme is that it is designed to provide affordable medical services to employees, specifically for those who are in the lower-income group, and this is also to ensure that they have access to quality healthcare. It also offers financial assistance in case of sickness, disability, and death, which can help employees and their families during difficult times. If you are an ESIC employee, you must know about these facts. Let me also tell you that the ESI Registration of employees under the ESI Act is very simple, and the entire process is fully online; it comes without the requirement of submission of any physical application documents either before the registration or after it.
Now that you have a good understanding of the ESIC login employer, it is time to get to the process where we will be discussing the process to sign up to the ESIC employer login portal. So, without any delay, let us straight away head to the next section of the article.
The Process to Sign up on ESIC Login Portal:
Read this section of the article, where we will briefly discuss the steps to sign up on the ESIC portal. If any employee wants to apply for the Employee’s State Insurance Scheme, then they can register through the ESIC portal. For this, he/she must complete the “Sign Up” process and then the “Login” process. Below are the steps to sign up on the ESIC portal
- Firstly, the employee will be needed to visit the official website of the ESIC portal, which is https://esic.gov.in.
- Then, the home screen will appear, and after that, you need to scroll down the page and then click on the “Employer Login” Icon.
- Then, the employer login screen will appear, you will then be needed to click on the “Sign Up” link.
- Then, the sign-up window will open, here enter your “Company Name,” “Principal Employer Name,” “State,” “Regions,” “Email (User Name),” “Phone Number,” and then you need to “Click on the Check Box,”
- Finally, you will be needed to click on the “Submit” button
- Once you have registered successfully, you will receive an email containing your “User Name” and “Password”.
- Using these login credentials, you can easily log into the ESIC portal.
Once you have completed following these steps, you will be able to do ESIC employer login easily.
In the next section of the article, we will be discussing the process where you will be directed to do an ESIC employer login. So, head to the next section of the article to explore the steps.
Steps to do ESIC Employer Login:
Read these steps carefully to know about the steps you need to follow to do the ESIC portal employer login. Before we proceed with the steps, you must keep in mind to keep the login credentials that you must have received when you did a sign-up in the ESIC employer login portal. The steps to log in to the ESIC employer login
- Firstly, you need to visit the official website of ESIC. ie., https://esic.gov.in
- Then you need to scroll down the home page and click on the “Employer Login” link.
- After that, the login page will appear, and you will be needed to enter your “User Name/LIN,” “Password,” and “Captcha Code” and then click on the “Login” button.
- After that, you will easily be able to login into the ESIC portal, and you can register for the ESIC Scheme.
- Once you follow these steps, you can log in to the ESIC employer portal easily and hassle-free.
If you are an employee of the ESIC scheme or want to register someone for the ESIC scheme but do not know the steps, then you must read the next section of the article to know more.
The Process to Register Employees for ESIC Scheme:
Read this section of the article carefully to learn about the steps you must follow to register someone for the ESIC scheme on the ESIC portal. The following are the steps to register someone for the ESIC scheme.
- Firstly, you need to open the ESIC portal and complete the login process and click on the “New Employer Registration” link.
- Then on the next page, you have to select “Type of Unit”.
- Then you need to enter the necessary details like “Name of the Unit,” “Complete Postal Address of Factory/Establishment,” “State,” “District,” “Pin Code,” “Phone Number,” “Email Address,” “Police Station,” etc.
- Select whether the building/premises of Fact/ Estt is owned or Hired, and click on “Next” to proceed.
- Then you need to enter the mandatory details like “Nature of Business and category,” “PAN Details,” etc., and tap on the “Next” button.
- After that, enter the Date of Commencement of the Factory – License details (if any) and select “Constitution of Ownership” and “Details of Owners,” and click on the “Next” link.
- The new page will appear, and then you will need to select “Designation,” enter “Name,” “Age,” “Present & Permanent Address”, and click on the “Save” button.
- Then click on “Sr No. 16” to enter details on the number of employees working.
- After that, enter the total number of employees and the number of employees earning less than Rs. 21000/- and click on the “Save” button.
- Once you have entered all the details, click on “Employee Declaration Form,” select IP, and enter the details related to IP.
- After that, enter the Nominee details & family details and check the declaration & submit.
Advantages of ESIC Scheme:
If you are an already existing member of the ESIC scheme, then you must be well aware of the benefits of the ESIC scheme and if you are not, then you must read this section of the article to know more about the benefits of the ESIC scheme. Some of the benefits of the ESIC Scheme are:
Sickness Benefits in the form of cash compensation at the rate of 70 percent of wages are payable to insured workers during the periods of certified sickness for a maximum of 91 days in a year. If you want to qualify for sickness benefit, the Insured Person is required to contribute for 78 days in a contribution period of 6 months.
Full medical care is provided to an Insured person and his family members from the day he enters insurable employment. There is also no ceiling on expenditure on the treatment of an Insured Person or his family member.
Dependent Benefits at the rate of 90% of wage in the form of monthly payment to the dependents of a deceased Insured person for cases where death occurs due to employment injury or occupational hazards.
ESIC provides maternity benefits to female employees. The benefit is payable for 26 weeks, and this includes eight weeks of pre-delivery rest and 18 weeks of post-delivery rest.
Temporary Disablement benefit at the rate of 90% of wage is payable so long as the disability continues. You must know that the Permanent Disability benefit is paid at the rate of 90% of the wage in the form of monthly payments depending upon the extent of loss of earning capacity as certified by a Medical Board.
These are some of the benefits of the ESIC scheme.
You can easily do ESIC employer login by following the login steps mentioned above. It is otherwise a very helpful scheme. In this article, we have briefly discussed the ESIC scheme and have listed the process to login and register on the ESIC portal. Along with that, we have listed some of the benefits of the ESIC scheme. That’s all, folks; I hope the article helped you get all the information you needed.
Note: The C-11 is a computer-generated letter and does not require any signature, and can be used as valid proof of registration of the unit under the ESI Act.
Once you follow the steps carefully and without skipping, you will be able to do registration on the ESIC employee login portal.
Every scheme that is introduced in society has some benefits, and this is no different. Head to the next section of the article, where we will be discussing some of the benefits of the ESIC scheme.