If you are a newbie car or two-wheeler owner or driver, you might need to learn about the challan. Well, challan is a document issued in the name of a vehicle driver if the driver is discovered to be breaking the traffic rules & regulations. If a traffic challan is issued in Telangana state, then the offender is responsible for paying the penalty. Under the 1988 Motor Vehicle Act, the penalty depends on the type of violation. If a person does not follow the traffic rule, the Telangana traffic police have the authority to issue a challan. Documents generated electronically through the Electronic Challan System are called “e-Challans.” Read the article as we will explore more about the challan TS.
TS Police Traffic Challan Check Online
In this section, we will discuss the process by which you can easily check your E challan TS status online without any hassle; all you have to do is to follow these steps.
- Firstly, you need to follow the official website of the Parivahan Portal
- After logging into the main screen, go to the “Check Online Services” tab and click “Check Challan Status.”
- Then you need to enter your “DL Number” or “Vehicle Number” on the next page.
- If there is no fine and e-Challan issued against you, only then will you see a dialogue window that says “A Challan not Found.”
- If a pending fine or e-Challan is issued against your name, a page will open showing you all the details about the challan.
Once you have followed these steps, you can easily do a TS e challan check. Now that you have a good understanding of how to check your e-challan status online. It is now time to head to the next section of this article, where we will discuss the process by which you can pay e challan in Telangana state. So, keep reading.
The Process to Pay Echallan TS
Carefully read this section of the article as we will discuss how you can pay the e challan TS using the Parivahan portal. If you live in Telangana and have violated the traffic rules, you should pay the fine. Follow these steps by which you can easily pay the e challan TS using the Parivahan portal
- Firstly, you need to visit the official portal of the parivahan portal, which is @ https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/
- After that, when the home page appears, you must select the “Pay Online” option.
- Then, the next page will appear, and then you will be needed to enter the “Challan number,” “Vehicle Number,” or “DL Number.”
- You will also be needed to enter the Captcha code and press the “Get Details” button.
- On the next page, you will get every detail about the e-Challan.
- Then you need to select the “Pay Now” button under the payment column and proceed further.
- Then select a payment method from the available choices. Use a credit card, debit card, or online banking to pay.
- After you have completed the payment, you will receive a confirmation message to your registered mobile number.
Once you have followed all these steps, you can pay the e challan TS via the Parivahan portal. However, you can also use the Telangana state police portal to pay the e challan. Head to the next section of the article to know the process to pay the e challan TS.
Steps to Pay EChallan Telangana via Telangana State Police Portal
Carefully read the steps to pay the e challan TS through the Telangana State Police portal.
- Firstly you need to visit the official website of the TS police @ https://echallan.tspolice.gov.in/.
- Then you need to enter the vehicle number, and you will be needed to answer the security question on the Home screen
- After that, you need to click the “Go” button
- Then on the next page, you will get the e challan TS list.
- Then you need to select the challan for which you need to pay
- After that, verify the details and pay using Internet banking, credit card, or debit card.
- After you have completed the payment, you will get a receipt which will help you as a reference ID for tracking
- In this way, you can pay the e challan TS through the TS police portal.
These days, even e challan can be paid on Paytm; if you are someone who likes going cashless, then in the next section of this article, we will be discussing the process by which you can pay your e challan via using the Paytm app. So, keep reading the article.
The Process to Pay E Challan TS Using the Paytm App
- Firstly, you need to start by opening the Paytm App on your mobile or tablet.
- Then you need to “View More” in the “Recharge & Bill Payments” area.
- Then on the “My Bills & Recharges” page, you need to go to the “Transit” section and click on the “Challan” option.
- Then, you will need to open the “Pay Traffic Challan” page. Here, you will be needed to choose “Telangana Traffic Police” from the given list.
- After that, you need to enter your “Vehicle Number” and press “Proceed” to continue.
- Vehicle details, due amount, and challan number details will be displayed on the next page; verify the details and click the “Proceed to Pay” option.
- After that, you will be needed to choose your preferred mode of payment.
- A payment summary will appear on the next page. After that, you must click the “Pay Now” button and complete the payment process to confirm the transaction.
Once you have followed these steps, you can easily pay the e challan TS using the Paytm app.
Some folks prefer using the offline method to pay the e challan, and you can always go for the old method, which is offline. In the next section of the article, we will explore how you can pay your e challan TS offline. So, head to the next section of the article to know more.
E Challan TS- Pay Via Offline Method
If you prefer to pay your e challan TS by using cash or in the offline method, then carefully read this section of the article as we will be discussing the process to pay offline. Follow these steps below to pay your e challan TS offline.
- First and foremost, the citizen should visit the nearest traffic police station with a copy of her Telangana e-Challan.
- Then you will be needed to contact the appointed organizations in charge of traffic fine collection and pay the fee in cash.
Once you follow these steps, you can pay your e challan TS offline. So, are you someone who frequently misses out on the red light? If yes, then you need to be careful, as a violation of traffic rules can have legal repercussions, and it poses a risk to life as well. So, keeping this in mind, in the next section of the article, we have listed the fine for violating each traffic rule so that you can take advantage of the red light next time. Head to the next section of the article to learn about them.
Penalty Charges for Traffic Violation in Telangana:
In this section of the article, we will list the penalty charges you will need to pay for violating the traffic in Telangana. Have a look at them.
- Reckless driving, the penalty is Rs. 200/-.
- Violating a U-turn, the penalty is Rs. 200/-.
- Traveling on the footboard of a vehicle, the penalty is from Rs 50 /- to Rs 200/-.
- Not wearing a helmet, the penalty is Rs. 200/-.
- Driving an overweight motor vehicle, the penalty is Rs. 1000 per tonne or court.
- For underage driving, the penalty is Rs. 500/-.
- Driving without a license, the penalty is Rs. 500/-. (Apply For a Driving License)
- Driving without vehicle registration, the penalty is Rs. 2000/-.
- Driving with expired insurance, the penalty is Rs. 1000/-.
- One – Way road violation, the penalty is Rs. 200/-.
- For offenses/violations committed in prohibited areas, the penalty is Rs. 200/-.
- For an unauthorized person driving a vehicle, the penalty is Rs. 1000/-.
- Driving on the wrong side of the road, the penalty is Rs. 1100/-.
- The penalty for unauthorized interference associated with a vehicle is Rs. 100/-
These are some penalty charges for violating the traffic rules in Telangana.
Following traffic rules are necessary, and when you violate traffic rules in Telangana, you will be needed to pay the e challan TS. So, be vigilant when you are on the road. In this article, we have briefly discussed the e challan TS and the various ways you can pay the e challan TS. Finally, we have also listed down the penalty charges for violating the traffic rules in TS. That’s all, folks. I hope the article helped you get all the information you needed.