BMSSY is Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana, an initiative by the West Bengal Government to integrate different security schemes along with offering uniform benefits to all unorganized workers. So, if you are part of a work sector in which employees are unorganized workers or know about an unorganized workforce, then you must read this article to gain deeper insights into the BMSSY Government scheme. So, without any more delay, let us get started!
BMSSY-A Relief to Workers:
Well, as mentioned earlier, BMSSY is a scheme implemented by the Government of West Bengal. Under this scheme, the government will be providing several security schemes which are beneficial to the unorganized workers living in the state of West Bengal. The State Government is responsible for implementing many welfare schemes, which include several welfare schemes for unorganized workers, including state-aided schemes along with welfare schemes for building along with other construction workers etc.
Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana 2023:
This is a great initiative by the Government of WB, and the scheme is primarily designed to provide benefits by integrating various types of schemes launched for the citizens of the unorganized sector. By this, all the applying workers will be provided equal benefits. Citizens have to deposit twenty-five rupees per month to take benefits related to the provident fund scheme. Still, from April 1, 2020, the state government has decided to remove this monthly contribution and pay it.
Bmssy. wblabour. gov. in| Important Information:
If you are considering applying to the BMSSY scheme, then you must know some of the important information regarding this scheme of BMSSY by the WB Government. The important information that you must keep in mind regarding this scheme are:
- Under BM-SSY – Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana, the applicant will be provided with a common benefit by integrating various social security schemes.
- The government has changed the name of this provident fund scheme to Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana (BMSSY).
- Now through this scheme, the eligible beneficiary can apply for availing all the benefits without paying any fee.
- Now that you have come to know some of the important information about the BMSSY scheme, it is time to look at some of the features of this scheme. Let us head to the next section of this article to learn more about it.
Features of The Scheme:
This initiative by the WB Government will prove beneficial to the citizens, and some of the benefits or features of this scheme are:
- All the applicants can apply online for this scheme; the government has started inviting applications.
- With the release of the online application process, citizens will save money along with time.
- The West Bengal government has announced through Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana (BMSSY) that now the government will fill this payment.
- No applicant will have to pay any fee to apply under this scheme and take benefits.
- WB Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana will prove to be effective in improving the standard of living of all the beneficiaries.
- Beneficiaries will also be self-reliant, and their social status will also improve.
- The Government of West Bengal will be providing benefits under this scheme by covering all construction and transport workers together.
- Through this scheme, about 7.5 crore eligible citizens in the state of West Bengal will be provided uniform benefits.
- By integrating different types of schemes, the government will be providing many benefits with uniformity to all the applicants.
- Under the provident fund scheme, the citizens who had to pay Rs 25, now the state government has waived it.
- The government of West Bengal state has launched Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana.
- The state government will benefit the citizens, especially those living in the unorganized sector, through this scheme.
Let us have a look at the benefits which will be provided under the BMSSY scheme in the provident fund sector:
- If the beneficiary worker cannot contribute for 3 consecutive financial years for any reason, then in such a situation, the account of the worker will be deactivated.
- The Assistant Labor Commissioner can revive the accounts of the subscribers on application by the subscribers giving reasons for non-payment.
- No arrears contribution is allowed to the beneficiary workers.
- Along with this, the interest payable annually at the rate of interest on the amount deposited under the General Provident Fund is also borne by the State Government.
- If the worker attains the age of 60 years or is closed as a subscriber under this scheme or his account becomes inactive due to death, then in such a situation, the total amount deposited along with interest will be refunded to the workers or their dependents.
- Under Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana, all beneficiary workers must contribute an amount of Rs 25 every month to the provident fund.
- The West Bengal State Government will give a grant of Rs 30 per month in addition to the contribution of the beneficiary workers.
These are some of the features or benefits of the BMSSY scheme by the Government of West Bengal. Let us have a look at the eligibility criteria for the BMSSY scheme.
Scheme| Eligibility Criteria:
The applicant has to be able to fulfill the following eligibility criteria before applying to the BMSSY scheme. The eligibility criteria for the BMSSY scheme are as follows:
- To take advantage of WB Bina Mulya Samajik Suraksha Yojana, the applicant should be between 18 to 60 years old.
- The family income of the applicant should not exceed Rs.6500 per month
- Only a permanent resident of West Bengal will be eligible to take advantage of this scheme.
Documents Required for BMSSY Login:
To enjoy the benefits of the BMSSY scheme, the applicants must possess the following documents:
- Email ID
- Caste certificate
- Family income certificate
- Applicant’s Aadhar card
- Ration card
- Permanent residence certificate
- Passport size photograph
Now that we have covered the eligibility criteria along with the documents required, it is time to look at the process to do the bmssy.wblabour.gov.in login. So, let us head to the process directly.
The process to do Bmssy.wblabour.gov.in Login:
- Firstly, you must visit the official website of the BMSSY scheme, which is @bmssy. wblabour. gov. in. Once you visit the official website, you will land on the homepage of the BMSSY scheme
- Once you land on the homepage of the BMSSY scheme, you need to click on the login option. After that BMSSY form to log in will open in front of you on the next page.
- On this page, you will have to enter the details of all the information asked, such as username, password, captcha code etc., and after that, you need to click on the login option. In this way, you will be able to log in to the portal.
Now that you have learned about the login process in the BMSSY scheme website. It is now time to know about the process to apply under the BMSSY scheme. So, without any delay, let us head to the procedure.
The Process to Apply for BMSSY Scheme:
- First, you need to visit the official webpage of BMSSY; the homepage will open in front of you.
- Then on the homepage, you need to click on the option of “New registration by beneficiary”. After this “Registration Form” will be displayed in front of you.
- After that, you need to enter the required details such as Worker Type Category, Your Name, Date of Birth, Email ID, Mobile Number, Identity Proof, Case, Ration Card / Food Partner Number Type etc.
- Once you have entered all the information, you will have to click on the option of “Register”. After that, you have to log in to the “Portal”.
- Once you log in, you need to click on the dashboard of the BMSSY scheme and then click on the option of Nominee details.
- Once you enter the “Nominee Details”, click on the option of “Dependent Details”. Then enter the dependent details.
- After that, you need to click on the bank account details, and after you complete entering the bank account details, click on the option of “Bank Account Details”. After that, you have to click on the link to “Application”.
Then, fill in the required details which will be asked such as
- Address Details
- Bank details
- Nominee Details
- Dependent details
- Document description
- Basic Information
After you have entered all the information, you need to click on the “Submit” button.
In this way, you will be able to apply under the BMSSY scheme.
BMSSY is a beneficial scheme for unorganized workers and benefits many citizens of WB. In this article, we have given a brief idea about the BMSSY scheme by the Government of WB. We have listed the features of the scheme, eligibility criteria, and documents required, along with the process to log in to the web portal of BMSSY and the process to apply for the scheme. That’s all, folks; I hope the article helped you in getting all the information you needed.