The new features implemented by Signal include:
- Chat Wallpaper: Before the announcement of new Terms of Service, Signal didn’t allow its users to change chat wallpaper. But it has updated its feature and the app provides a wallpaper preview, including Contact Name and call buttons, the possibility to reset the wallpaper, solid colors, custom wallpapers per chat and the feature to swipe between wallpapers.
- Animated stickers: Signal also offers the possibility to create animated stickers from the Signal Desktop app and allows users to share them with friends.
- Low Data Mode: Signal is implementing a low data mode to lower data usage during calls. ODE
- Contact Suggestions: Signal allows now to see your chats on the iOS share sheet, a feature already implemented in WhatsApp for iOS last year.
- Download Preferences: WhatsApp offers the possibility to choose when your media files should be automatically downloaded. This feature has been implemented this week from Signal.
- Group calls: Signal already offered group calls, but it was limited to 5 participants. Signal has changed the limit to 8 participants, like WhatsApp.
- Group Invite Link: Signal has implemented the possibility to create a shareable group invite link, to invite other Signal users to your groups.