PoW Shield, which acts as a proxy between the backend service and the end-user, uses proof of work to protect the #osi application layer against DDoS attacks. The goal of this project is to give an alternative to time-consuming captcha systems like Google’s ReCaptcha. It’s never been easier to use a PoW Shield-protected web service; simply type the URL into your browser, and it will do the rest. The goal of PoW Shield is to combine the following services into a single webapp / docker image:
- proof of work authentication
- IP blacklisting and rate limiting
- #firewall #webapplication
PoW Shield, in essence, acts as a proxy in front of the actual web app/service.
It uses proof-of-work to verify identities and only sends allowed traffic to the server.
The proxy is simple to set up and protects apps with a basic level of security.
Docker images are provided for deployment that is quick and light.
The following are some of the features:
- Web Service Structure
- Functionality of Proxy
- Implementation of the PoW
- Dockerization .
- Blacklisting of IP addresses
- Unit Testing.
- Implementation of the WAF
- Redis Multi-Instance SyncingDisclaimer: – The intended use for the tool is strictly educational and should not be used for any other purpose.