When you land an interview with Amazon, it can be the most intimidating and exciting feeling. Like many other big MNCs, Amazon puts a lot of effort into hiring the right candidate for the open positions. Jeff Bezos once said, “I’d rather interview 50 people and not hire anyone than hire the wrong person.” Well, it is a big thing if your resume goes past the gatekeepers and lands in the hands of Amazon’s hiring manager. Well, as a final step, you have to ace the interview with the amazon interview questions, and Voila! You will be living your dream of working at Amazon in no time.
So, folks, are you ready to prep for your Amazon interview? Keep reading to know more.
How Can You Answer Amazon Interview Questions?
There is a lengthy list of amazon interview questions shared by candidates online; you can expect to have an Amazon interview that relies heavily on the amazon behavioral interview questions and situational questions.
Behavioural amazon interview questions primarily focus on past behavior that indicates the future of job success. In contrast, situational amazon interview questions ask the candidate how they would handle any number of hypothetical situations. With these questions, you will also be able to pull from past experiences to answer how you would handle the hypothetical situation in the future and today.
You can further break the situational and behavioral amazon interview questions into competencies, such as leadership and communication. Using the STAR method during the amazon interview is an excellent approach for answering the amazon interview questions of the above types.
- Situation: Create an impression by describing the situation.
- Task: You can Describe the task.
- Action: Describe the action(s) you have taken to handle the task.
- Results: Share the results achieved.
Top 3 Amazon Interview Questions and Answers:
Since we are discussing the Amazon interview questions, let me share the top 3 amazon interview questions and answers with you.
Are you ready to decode the top three Amazon Interview questions and answers? Let’s begin!
- Describe the incident of dealing with your most difficult customer and how you handled it.
As we all know, Amazon is known for its customer service, and if the position for which you are interviewing is for a customer-facing position, then you can count on a similar question. When you are answering this question, apply the STAR method.
You can answer your question in this format and ace the question.
- Share with me the time of the incident when you were 75 percent through a project and had to pivot quickly. How did you handle it?
Well, folks, life happens when you are in the middle of a project, and Amazon Leadership would want you to know how you will handle these types of situations when they occur. You can expect to encounter this question for many roles, including management and technical positions. Ensure your answer bespeaks your leadership, agility, and leadership skills. So, this is one of the amazon leadership principles interview questions you can expect to encounter at the Amazon interview.
- What would be your course of action when you find out that your closest friend is stealing at work?
You can expect this kind of Amazon interview questions regardless of the position you are interviewing for. Especially with shrinkage and cost reduction are the top priorities of the company like Amazon. The one way to answer this question is with honesty, integrity, trust, and leadership.
Make sure when you answer this question, your answers reflect your ethical values.
More Amazon Interview Questions:
Here are some of the most other important Amazon interview questions that you are likely to encounter, and we have broken them down into categories:
- Share about a decision you made based on your instincts.
- Share about when you were influenced to change by only asking questions.
- Provide an example of a time when you had to complete a project on a budget you felt was too tight. How did you make it work?
- Share about a time when you were influenced to change by only asking questions
- Which was the last leadership development course you took? What did you learn from it?
- Introduce Amazon in an elevator pitch.
- Which Amazon leadership principle do you align with most?
- how many Amazon leadership principles are there?
- Do you know our CEO? How do you spell his name?
- What does Amazon’s ownership principle emphasize?
- Share about a time when you had a conflict with someone at work. How did you handle it?
- Tell me about a time you used innovation to solve a problem.
- Tell me about a time when a team member wasn’t pulling their weight. How did you handle it?
- Tell me about a time when you took a calculated risk. What was the outcome?
- Tell me about a time you had to handle a crisis.
Questions to ask the interviewers:
- While interviewing with an Amazonian, you can also ask these questions to the interviewers. They are:
- What do you feel is the biggest challenge Amazon is currently facing?
- What is a typical day like in this role?
- What qualities are required to succeed at Amazon?
- What do you love about your role?
- How would you describe the team I would be working with?
- Where do you see Amazon in five years?
- Are there any new or unique customer trends you’re currently experiencing or projecting?
That’s all, folks. Hope the article helped you in getting all the information that you need.