Every Indian who enrolls in the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission will receive a 14-digit randomly generated unique Health ID, similar to an Aadhaar number. The health ID contains all of an individual’s health records. It will be used to identify a person, authenticate them, and access their health records across multiple systems with consent.
This digital health ID card has transformed the country’s healthcare system. Let us assist you with a guide to every detail you need to know about this one-of-a-kind online National health card.
What is the Primary goal of this mission?
The primary goal is to improve the efficiency of India’s healthcare system. The National Digital Health ecosystem will provide a one-stop solution for the common person’s healthcare needs. In this digitally-driven ecosystem, the difficulty of maintaining long paths of paper-based health records, standing in long lines at health facilities, etc., will be solved.
Key Blocks of ABDM scheme
This scheme currently consists of four key components:
- Unique digital health ID
- Health facility registry
- Registry of healthcare professionals, and
- Electronic health records.
What are the advantages of a Digital Health ID Card?
The following are the benefits of Digital Health ID:
- It serves as a perfect platform for all health records.
- Your health ID will contain detailed information about your treatment, discharge, and all tests and X-rays.
- Through the card, doctors and health centres will be able to view the individuals’ complete health history.
- Allows the government to keep a record of each individual’s health information on the cloud from admission to treatment and discharge.
- It will be used to provide services such as e-pharmacy and telemedicine.
- Every visit to the doctor’s clinic or pharmacy will be recorded on this card.
- Everything will be available in your health profile, from the doctor’s appointment to the medication.
- With the consent of the medical practitioner, digital health records can be carried out and assessed anywhere and at any time.
- When you visit any hospital, the doctor will be able to easily refer you to the online link to obtain all of your records.
How should one apply for National Health Card?
To register for an Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission Card, you must provide your phone number, name, gender, year of birth, and address. Using your Aadhar card, you can create a digital health ID on the Ayushman Bharat portal.
Learn how to register for Ayushman Bharat online.
- Visit the Official Website of the National Digital Health Mission.
- Scroll down to the Health ID section and press the ‘Create ABHA Number‘ button.
- Two options will be given:
- Using Adhar
- Using Driving Licence
- Submit your 12-digit Adhar No. and tick on “I agree” to consent.
- For Adhar authentication, give your 6-digit OTP shared on your mobile.
- When you enter your mobile no, OTP will be sent. Enter the correct OTP and click on Submit.
- You will then be directed to a page with your Adhaar details.
- Complete your other profile details where asked.
- Once this is done, your 14-digit ABHA number is created and ready for use.
- Download it by simply clicking the download button.
- Set up a password for your Digital Health Card.
- Log in with a valid credential.
How is the digital health record accessed?
One of the most significant concerns citizens have about digital health cards is that their health-related information will be accessible to all and that others will be able to see it without their consent.
The authorities have clarified, however, that health records can only be accessed with the concerned individual’s consent. As a result, you can be confident that it is a trustworthy repository. As part of the ABDM mission, your NDHM Health Card ID is the first step toward creating secure and reliable digital health records for Indian citizens.
The Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission is an important step toward the technologically-led digitalisation of healthcare. All data will be stored online, and registered doctors and hospitals will have access to it. It is also possible to save health cards on Eka Care, which will be considered authentic proof. Doctors can check all previous health databases even if you do not have a prescription. As a result, both doctors and patients will save time.