Error codes are unavoidable in online gaming, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is not exempt from them. Since the Season 1 Reloaded update was released, numerous COD players have encountered a peculiar error known as Dev Error 11557, particularly affecting console users.
Fortunately, the developers of the game, Infinity Ward, have acknowledged this issue and have provided a potential solution to resolve the problem. Therefore, if you are one of those affected by Dev Error 11557 in Modern Warfare 2, here is everything you need to know about fixing it.
What is Dev Error 11557?
Dev Error 11557 is a specific error code that players may encounter while playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) or Warzone 2. This error indicates a problem or malfunction within the game software or hardware configurations, particularly affecting console users.
While the exact cause of Dev Error 11557 may vary, it can be triggered by factors such as outdated drivers, incompatible hardware, corrupted game files, or other technical issues.
Resolving this error often requires troubleshooting steps like updating graphics drivers, verifying game file integrity, adjusting graphics settings, or even reinstalling the game. It is crucial to refer to official sources or seek assistance from the game’s support team for specific guidance tailored to Dev Error 11557.
Why Do Errors Occur In Games?
Games like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 can encounter Dev Error 11557 for various reasons. One primary factor is the complex nature of modern game development, which involves intricate code, various hardware configurations, and compatibility challenges across different platforms.
These games often undergo frequent updates and patches, which can inadvertently introduce new bugs or conflicts with existing software. Additionally, the vast player base and the wide range of system configurations players have can contribute to the occurrence of Dev Error 11557. Despite rigorous testing, it is nearly impossible to eliminate all potential issues, making Dev Errors an unfortunate but inevitable aspect of these large-scale online games.
How to Fix Dev Error 11557 MW2
Certain players have shared their experiences resolving this problem by updating their graphics drivers or adjusting specific graphics configurations within the game. Additionally, other players have mentioned that they successfully resolved the issue by verifying the integrity of their game files or opting for a complete reinstallation of the game.
Perform a verification process to ensure the integrity of the game files.
For Steam users:
- Open Steam and navigate to the Library tab.
- Right-click on Modern Warfare 2 or Warzone 2 and choose Properties.
- In the left panel, click on Local Files.
- Select Verify integrity of game files.
For Battle.net users:
- Launch Battle.net and go to the All Games menu located at the top.
- On the left panel, click on My Games.
- Choose Modern Warfare 2 or Warzone 2.
- Click on the gear icon next to the update button and select Scan and Repair.
Game Update Instructions
For Steam users:
- Launch the Steam client and navigate to your Library.
- Search for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) or Warzone 2.
- Right-click on the game and choose Properties.
- Go to the Updates tab and select “Always keep this game up-to-date” from the automatic updates menu.
- After installing the updates, restart your computer and launch the game.
For Battle.net users:
- Open the Battle.net client and select Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) or Warzone 2.
- Locate the gear icon near the Play button and click on it.
- Choose the option “Check for Updates.”
- Follow the provided steps to install the updates.
- Once the updates have been installed, restart your PC and launch the game.
Ensure your GPU drivers are up to date
Ensure your GPU drivers are up to date by following these steps:
- Press the Start button, type “Device Manager,” and open it.
- Expand the Display Adapter category to locate your graphics driver.
- Left-click on the driver name and choose the “Update driver” option.
- Select the “Search automatically for drivers” feature and proceed with the instructions to download the latest GPU driver.
Alternatively, you can update your GPU driver automatically using a reliable third-party application like Outbyte Driver Updater:
- Download and install Outbyte Driver Updater.
- Launch the program, and it will initiate a scan for outdated drivers.
- Click on the “Update All Drivers Now” button to rectify Dev Error 11557 and update all drivers simultaneously.
Ensure your Windows operating system is up to date
After performing the above steps, update your windows by following these steps:
- Access the Start menu and choose Settings.
- Navigate to Windows Update.
- Select the option to Check for Updates.
- If updates are detected, proceed to Download and Install them.
Reinstall the game
Consider performing a fresh installation of the game as a potential solution. If all previous troubleshooting steps have been unsuccessful, it is recommended to reinstall the game as advised by Infinity Ward. This action may help resolve the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Dev Error 11557, which could be caused by a corrupted file.
Uninstalling via Battle.net:
- Launch the Battle.net app.
- Locate Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 or Warzone 2 in your Games list.
- Click on the gear icon adjacent to the blue Play button.
- Select Uninstall and confirm the action by clicking Yes, Uninstall.
- Once the uninstallation process is complete, click the blue Install button.
Uninstalling via Steam:
- Open the Steam app.
- Locate Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 or Warzone 2 in your Library.
- Right-click on the game and choose Manage, then select Uninstall.
- Confirm the uninstallation by clicking Uninstall.
- Once the uninstallation is finished, click the blue Install button on the game’s Library listing.
What steps can be taken to resolve MW2 Dev Error 11557 on Xbox?
Try restarting both the game and your Xbox console.
Ensure that you have installed any available updates for both the game and the Xbox system software.
Consider adjusting the graphics settings within the game, such as lowering the quality or resolution.
Attempt switching from a custom resolution or refresh rate to a standard setting.
Reset the Xbox console to its default settings.
If the problem persists, consider deleting and reinstalling the game.
How can I resolve Dev Error 11557 PS4?
- Begin by restarting both the game and your PS4 console. Sometimes, this simple action can resolve game or system-related issues.
- Ensure you have the latest updates for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (MW2) and the PS4 system software. It’s important to run the most recent versions of both to minimize potential compatibility problems.
- Consider adjusting your graphics settings within the game. Lowering the graphics quality or resolution has been reported by some players as a potential solution to Dev Error 11557.
- If you’re utilizing a custom resolution or refresh rate, try switching to a standard setting to see if that resolves the issue.
- Resetting your PS4 console to its default settings might be worth a try. This action can help rectify any problems arising from corrupt or incorrect console settings.
- If Dev Error 11557 persists, consider deleting the game and performing a fresh installation. This step can help address any corrupted or damaged game files that could be causing the issue.
Encountering Dev Error 11557 in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 can be frustrating, but there are various steps to resolve Dev Error 11557. From verifying the integrity of game files to updating drivers and performing fresh installations, these troubleshooting methods have proven effective for many players. Remember that dev errors like dev error 11557 are an inherent part of online gaming, and the complexity of modern game development can contribute to their occurrence. By following the provided solutions and staying up-to-date with game updates, you can minimize the impact of Dev Error 11557 and enjoy a smoother gaming experience in Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2.