In the era of technical advancement, every sector is dependent on the internet. To keep data, files, and other sensitive information safe, organisations are searching for effective tools and strategies. With the advancement of cyber technology, the number of cybercrime and cyber incidents has also increased simultaneously. That’s why having efficient tools to prevent cyber attacks is the need of this generation, and organisations are also investing in this issue. Let’s have a look at the reports.
In 2017, Trustwave published a report where it was shown that cyber incidents are spreading across the world in different sectors. Especially in North America and Asia Pacific regions, the number of incidents is increasing. The retail industry holds the largest share of cyber incidence (22%). Followed by
- Beverage ( 20%)
- Finance and insurance (14%)
- Hospitality (12%)
The remaining 32% is accounted for by technology, transport, entertainment, travel, and other sectors.
Now, we are in 2022, and the number has increased even more. This alarming situation requires cyber security defence and active tools.
Cyber security management has become the most important factor for organisations as this field is getting complicated over the days and the automatic tools often require assistance for detecting potential risks and creating a shield to prevent that. That’s why the companies are getting dependent on security analytics to create strategies that can secure their data.
Security analytics is an automatic tool that is used by organisations to create strategies in the field of information security. With large-scale analysis, this tool processes an organisation’s environment and network data to help the company authority take security decisions. This data is collected through real-life analysis and filtering the data from multiple sources such as users’ corporate and internal network activities, social media activities, information sources, etc.
This analysis is done to achieve certain business security objectives, such as
- Detecting data exfiltration attempts
- Detecting fraud account usage
- Monitoring employee movement
- Detection of non-compliance activities
- And detecting network anomalies.
What are the benefits of security analytics?
- It helps organisations to understand and manage the security events strategically.
- Helps organisations improve the detection of security threats and take decisions to troubleshoot them.
- Makes the security portfolio organised and well managed.
- Offers real-time visualisation so that companies can assist in detecting and analysing security-related events.
- Helps professionals to understand the root of several cyber security incidents.
- It helps to track and reduce insider threats, frauds, and data leakage
- Helps organisations to grow their knowledge about security threats and enable more proactive approaches.
It has become an essential part of the regular security management process along with other security measurements to prevent the loss of sensitive data. It is able to discover new and advanced cyber threat activities and patterns to improve the security management of an organisation.
IEMLabs offers advanced and quality security intelligence that can help organisations identify new cyber security threats and strategically take protective decisions to prevent any loss. Cyber incidents are becoming more advanced over days, and so is the security intelligence. Our security analytics solutions not only strengthen your security management but also provide you with thorough analysis and detection. Our highly experienced team will guide you
in the necessary steps so that you can assist in improving your organisation’s security measurements. Using our security analytics, you can cut off the headache of security threats and concentrate on your work instead. Know about Cyber security courses in Kolkata.