“India is set to defeat Covid-19. Every Indian is making it possible.” Wise words stated by India’s honourable prime minister Narendra Modi. This is to notify all those people who have completed taking the second vaccination dose that there is a digital tool that has been introduced, named Covid Universal Pass 2023. With the help of this universal pass, the respective citizens are allowed to travel anywhere freely. This electronic pass or e-pass will carry a photo of the respective person.
What is Universal Pass 2023?
As the daily news and latest information from the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare suggest, every arrow has started to point towards the rise of the covid virus. Due to the alarming state of the situation, the government and administration are constantly warning the citizens to start taking precautions and get vaccinated. Due to this, the government has made it necessary for all adult citizens to possess Universal passes or Universal e pass.
For an individual to travel anywhere, they would require a universal pass. If they seek to travel or merely visit nearby public places, a universal pass or universal e-pass will be mandated. This pass can be issued by only those adult citizens who have completed two doses of vaccination and their 14 days period of isolation post the second dose.
Mumbai was one of the most affected metropolitan cities in India during the covid-19 pandemic. It is no secret that the city of dreams attracts migrants from nearby rural areas, towns, and other states as well, which has led to the dense population in the metropolitan city. This was a major setback for covid to spread like a wildfire and result in consecutive lockdowns. To prevent such possible scenarios in the future, the Maharashtra government took the initiative of universal pass Mumbai or universal travel pass Maharashtra. Then the central government took up the concept and created a whole system to digitize the universal pass.
The universal pass may also be called universal travel pass, or universal e pass.
Universal Pass 2023: Generate, Login, Register, and Download
- Open a web browser such as Google or Chrome.
- Type “Universal Pass” or “Universal e Pass” and enter/search.
- Tap on the link which will have “Sign in to Universal pass”
- The screen will open to two boxes, each named “Establishments” and “Citizens” respectively.
- In the case of establishment, it is applicable if individual works for any company where they have a requirement of a universal travel pass to enter or go for business tours.
- Otherwise, all shall go for “Citizen” and tap on the box with the label “Universal Pass for double vaccinated citizens”.
- After proceeding with the 6th point, a screen will appear where the individual is asked to enter the mobile number which is used in COWIN Registration.
- Then tap on “send OTP”
- As the OTP number reaches your smartphone, immediately enter the OTP in the box given below.
- After entering the opt number, a page shall show up where the updated vaccination status of all the members registered under the mobile number is given. The beneficiary reference number and date of the second dose are given beside the names of the vaccinated citizens.
- Click on the “generate pass” given beside the name of the person, their Universal pass will be generated instantly. Although universal passes can be issued only 14 days after the completion of the second dose.
- The individual needs to upload their photo on the pass after issuing the only universal pass or universal e-pass. The picture must be less than 3 MB. The photos must be selected carefully as they could be changed only once.
- After uploading their picture, check the photo and confirm that it needs no changes.
- Click on “Apply”.
- A dialogue box will pop up, “Universal pass will be sent to you via SMS.”
Can the Pass or Travel Pass be used as a free Travel Pass?
No, one needs to issue the railway and bus tickets as usual from the respective ticket counters or online sites.
The Universal pass won’t act as a free travel pass. It will be applicable when one wants to issue a railway or bus ticket. This is because the government wants to restrict the free-flowing of coronavirus within the country, so these are the steps of precaution to prevent a fourth wave of the pandemic.