Congratulations if you own an iPhone, AirPods, or Apple Watch! The holy trinity of Apple products is available. However, since each of these devices requires a different cable and a unique charging method, keeping them all charged can be a hassle. When a single 3 in 1 charging station can accommodate everything, why go through all that trouble? There are a few suggestions in our list of the best wireless chargers, but there are a ton more excellent docking stations for Apple products. These have been our top picks after testing for months and years.
Be sure to read our other buying guides, such as the ones for the best wireless earbuds, iPhone, Apple Watch, MagSafe Accessories, and iPhone.
Special deal for readers of Gear for the 3 in 1 charging station: Obtain a year-long membership to WIRED for
Get a 1-year subscription to WIRED for $5 ($25 off) as part of a special deal for readers of Gear. You now have unrestricted access to both WIRED.com and, if you’d like, our print magazine. Subscriptions help fund a portion of our daily operations.
Let’s Start with the List of 3 in 1 Charging Stations
An Introduction to the MagSafe Magnet World
The majority of the 3 in 1 charging stations in this manual are MagSafe models. This indicates that they make use of the back-mounted magnets on the iPhone 12, iPhone 13, and iPhone 14 models. I cannot emphasize enough to make sure you purchase a MagSafe case if you purchase case. There are a number of third-party options linked in the guides above. The iPhone’s magnets will pull less forcefully with a regular case on, and they won’t adhere to MagSafe accessories as well. What purpose does MagSafe serve? You won’t wake up with a dead iPhone because you won’t have to worry about the 3 in 1 charging station is out of alignment.
Technically, this perfect alignment allows chargers to deliver faster 15-watt charging, but Apple has only allowed a small selection of products from select manufacturers, including Belkin and Mophie, to offer this benefit. We’ve highlighted those below.
The AirPods have MagSafe functionality as well (depending on your model). Nearly all of the common Qi wireless charging pads on these 3 in 1 charging station are compatible with Apple’s AirPods and AirPods Pro with the wireless charging case (as are many third-party wireless earbuds), but if you have AirPods with MagSafe, you can also use the magnetic mounts.
Belkin 3 in 1 Charging Station With MagSafe – Best Overall
Two of your Apple devices are suspended in midair by this stylish chrome charging tree, and the T-shaped design’s relatively small footprint won’t take up much space on your desk or nightstand. It can fast-charge the Apple Watch Series 7, Series 8, and Apple Watch Ultra, as well as your iPhone, at the fastest 15-watt charging rate Apple permits. You can charge all of these devices from a single outlet if you place the AirPods Pro (or AirPods with wireless charging case) on the base. You can even turn your iPhone into landscape mode to watch a video while it charges, and everything fits snugly in place. If you prefer a pad, Belkin also sells a version of this product.
Satechi 3 in 1 Charging Station – Runner-Up
This Satechi 3 in 1 charging station won’t recharge your iPhone or Apple Watch at the fastest rates possible and requires you to supply your own 20-watt power adapter (this is a good one if you don’t already have one). If you normally only charge your devices overnight, that is still perfectly fine. It won’t take up much space because it is slightly smaller than the Belkin, and the aluminium construction looks nice (the iPhone mount is made of stainless steel). a clever trick? You can remove the Apple Watch charger and take it wherever you go. To recharge your smartwatch, simply plug the USB-C end into any charger, power bank, or laptop that has the corresponding port.
Monoprice MagSafe 3 in 1 Charging Station – Best Value for Money
A straightforward 3 in 1 charging station for your Apple devices does not require you to spend more than $100. I’ve had no problems using the 3 in 1 charging station from Monoprice. Sure, it’s plasticky, but it gets the job done. The warning? You must use your personal Apple Watch cable (the one Apple provides in the box). The base’s underside has room for storing the cable. The good news is that your Apple Watch charger will quickly charge your smartwatch if you have a Series 7, Series 8, or Apple Watch Ultra.
The iPhone mounts magnetically to the one on the left of the Apple Watch and charges at the standard rate. There is also a grooved area for the AirPods (7.5 watts). Additionally, a charging adapter is included. While you can position your iPhone in landscape orientation, doing so will obstruct the Apple Watch charger.
For Older iPhones, the best – 3 in 1 Charging Station from Mophie
Are you using an old iPhone that doesn’t support MagSafe? The 3 in 1 charging station is a good substitute for the Belkin. The centre stand allows you to position your iPhone either vertically or horizontally, and the upright magnetic puck for the Apple Watch activates Nightstand mode, which is essentially a digital clock. Additionally, there is an indentation for earbud cases to prevent them from slipping off. It has a sophisticated look and feels thanks to a classy glass finish.
Twelve South HiRise 3 in 1 Charging Station, the Smallest
This 3 in 1 charging station from Twelve South is your best option if you don’t have much room on your desk or bedside table. Your iPhone can rest on an angled MagSafe holder, your Apple Watch can be found on a shelf above, and your AirPods can be placed in a compartment below. Its small size makes it simple to glance at your iPhone, but it prevents you from using the Apple Watch’s Nightstand mode. It is very stable, and everything stays firmly in place throughout the night, unlike some 3-in-1 stands. There is a 5-foot USB-C cable included, but you must supply your own power adapter (20 watts or above).
Note: I saw some residue from one of my iPhone cases on the charger’s angled iPhone dock, but this is merely a cosmetic issue (and could entirely have been the fault of my case).
The best Apple Watch mount for a 3-in-1 Pad Nomad Base Station
This version of Nomad’s Base Station is a sturdy aluminium slate with a leather-padded charging surface and an Apple Watch mount to insert your own Apple Watch charger (you can pay an additional $20 to include the Watch charger). The switch to activate the Nightstand mode is angled. This pad can provide up to 10 watts of power to your iPhone and AirPods case when you place them on it. A 7.5-watt USB-A port and an 18-watt USB-C port are located on the back, allowing you to plug in any additional devices that require charging. Fortunately, an ambient light sensor causes the LEDs to dim at night, making it a nice bedside option.
Optimal 2-in-1 Stand
the iOttie Velox Duo
Lacking an Apple Watch? No issue. Your iPhone and AirPods can be recharged using this stylish 2-in-1 stand (or other wireless earbuds with a wireless 3 in 1 charging station). The magnet is powerful, the black and gold combination is gorgeous, and the base is weighted. The only drawback is that it can only supply 7.5 watts to charge iPhones. The USB-C cable that is always connected is a good length, but you are still required to supply your own adapter.
Best Travel Charger Mophie 3in-1 With MagSafe
When I went to cover the Apple event, I brought this tiny travel kit along, and it was a complete success. It includes a 3 in 1 charging station brick and USB-C cable in addition to a felt carrying case. 3 in 1 charging stations are contained in one long pad when the square stack is opened and spread out. The Apple Watch dock can be raised so that Nightstand mode can be used, and the iPhone adheres magnetically to the centre and charges at the fastest 15-watt rate (sadly, no fast charging for the smartwatch). On the left, there is a grooved area for the AirPods. It has a great feel, is small, and is generally lightweight.
Special Mentions for 3 in 1 Charging Stations:
- Additional Reliable Wireless Chargers for Apple Devices – Other multi-device wireless 3 in 1 charging stations for Apple devices have also been put to the test by us. Listed below are a few we liked:
- For $150, get a Nomad Base One Max 2-in-1 Wireless Charger. This metal and glass dock, which is possibly one of the most elegant chargers, will charge your iPhone at the fastest 15-watt rate and has a raised magnetic puck for the Apple Watch. Because it is a pad, you can also use it to recharge other electronics, including non-MagSafe phones and AirPods. Although a cable is included, a 30-watt charging brick is required.
- For $50, get a RapidX Modula 5 Modular Wireless 3 in 1 Charging Station. On my most recent vacation, this modular system helped me save a lot of room. There is a special pad for the Apple Watch with a puck that can lie flat or pop up to accommodate Nightstand mode, and the pads for phones have magnetic connectors and up to 10-watt charging capabilities (I also used one to charge my AirPods with the wireless charging case).
- For $50, get a RapidX Modula 5 Modular Wireless 3 in 1 Charging Station. On my most recent vacation, this modular system helped me save a lot of room. There is a special pad for the Apple Watch with a puck that can lie flat or pop up to accommodate Nightstand mode, and the places for phones have magnetic connectors and up to 10-watt charging capabilities (I also used one to charge my AirPods with the wireless charging case).
- For $150, get a Courant Mag:2 Classics 2-in-1 Wireless Charger. Even though it’s way too expensive for what you get, it looks nice and is made of high-end materials like leather from Italy. You can position your iPhone horizontally or in landscape mode once it is connected to the top MagSafe charger. Although I was able to charge up another The iPhone’s base also has a charger for your earbuds. For an equally luxurious linen material, pick the Mag:2 Essentials (and a lower price).
- $130 for an OtterBox 2-in-1 Charging Station with MagSafe This charger combines a horizontal puck for your Apple Watch with an adjustable MagSafe pad for your iPhone or AirPods. Although well-made, it is pricey, and I discovered that not all cables and adapters I tried worked with it.
- For $70, get the ESR HaloLock 3-in-1 Wireless Charger with CryoBoost. Despite the silly name, this is a good deal and comes with a cable and power adapter. When attempting to fall asleep, you can turn off the light and the fan. However, the Apple Watch charger is not included, and it can only charge iPhones at 7.5 watts. The 2-in-1 model without the Apple Watch slot costs $10 less and has a better appearance.
- For $30, get a citrus magnetic wireless 3 in 1 charging station. I’ll be truthful. Although I didn’t like this charger, it does the job and is very inexpensive. It has a spare USB-A port at the back that you can use to connect an Apple Watch charger in addition to charging your iPhone and AirPods (or something else). It has a pointless light-up ring, a weak magnet (use a MagSafe case! ), and questionable construction. However, it’s a great value because the cable and adapter are included.
A cost-effective combo pack for all your charging needs for your phone is the 3 in 1 Charging Kit for Apple iPhone 8. The Apple iPhone 8 all-in-one charger can be used to charge the device in a car, on a laptop, or as a wall outlet. A data cable, a car charger, and a wall plug charger are included in the kit. This completes a set for the Apple iPhone 8’s regular charging requirements. The charging kit also includes a warranty against manufacturing flaws, and it is shipped in secure packaging to ensure that you receive the merchandise.